One of my worthy navigator skills is to predict rain. But not predict, but to analyze rain. Especially if i’m on motorcycle. Below are the list of things I did usually if it is raining.
- Look at the sky at the direction I’m heading / call people at that location.
- If I feel there’s a quick change of wind with some humid, it maybe rain.
- See the car from the opposite. If their wipers moving fast, it’s raining where we’re heading to.
- In the event of night, where you can’t see the sky and can’t see the wipers from the opposite car, stop beside and check 10-20 car’s wipers from the opposite way. You can also check motorcyclist from the opposite if they wear raincoats or not.
- Ride with one hand. Another hand thrusting to the front. If you rempit fast enough, you can feel the difference of temperature from your fist to your elbow. And took that into the judgements of the weather.
- If you ride after the rain but you feel the droplets/ the best bet is it is not raining, but the car were fast enough to make the water from wet roads splashed much-alike rain.
happy experimentating ! :p
Okay since I’ve been less updating blog, I’m going to post my extremely cheapskate tip. So here’s the first tip.
At certain San Francisco Coffee in Malaysia, they have Buy One Free One (BOFO) promo. But it is not same in all branches. Ampang Point have this promo only on weekends but ends before 8PM. And Menara UOA Bangsar have this promo during weekdays which is after lunch. The deal is to buy any of Extreme Frappes, and get another for free. Must be either Regular or Large. While this BOFO may seem normal, let me take it to the extreme.
What you can do is, buy the Extreme promo (Buzz, latte, Mocha, vanilla, chocolate ) and get another one for free. Then, ask the barista to keep another one inside the freezer. So you can work up to 1-3 hours with one cup. Then, since we need some slight rest, go outside the cafe and told the barista that ‘I’ll be back’. After taking your fun time, go back to the cafe, ask for the one that they kept, and then continue working.
Be aware that the coffee inside the freezer are more intense and strong. And DO NOT kept the coffee with your skipped cream, coz your cream will be a bit funny. Saw that before, and didn’t know how it taste, since I skip the cream always. And with this method, I successfully work for 7-8 hours.
I’m not being cheap. I’ve become cost effective :p – As what @cerventus from Malaysia Entrepreneurs said :p
Today I’m 25 years old. And I just discovered I share the same birth date with Afdlin Shauki. But I’m less awesome than him. Afterall I’m much smaller :p
So 25 is kind of feat, let me list anything 25
- a prefect
- I’ve been scored a goal since I was standard 3
- a corrupt librarian for letting male students in MRSM Taiping play CounterStrike. Afterall, I’m the head of Bureau Computer
- a good scout
- a navigator and good driver + a good rempit with just 1 hit and run cases. Hit a car and run
- fall asleep while riding motorcycle. Lucky no accident happen coz Sabau is there to knock me
- driving alone to Kuantan back and forth
- scored 100 marks in 5 out of 6-7 exam in islamic school in standard 1
- in car-domino-accident with syazwan
- went to MRSM Taiping, but kinda wasted it for not ending in more prestigious courses as in Quantum Physics. It is even more wasted when it is one of few top MRSM but as I said, I do felt like wasted my fat chance to go oversea
- called as Professor Serba Tau by my school teachers
- failed driving test. Parking fail. took the test twice.
- one of high-scores in Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops during PSP Slim launching.
- took picture with Dr Siti Hasmah. And I believe I’ve met Dr M for Hari Raya during I was a kid
- not asleep for almost 2-3 days if I’m not mistaken
- lost a camera. Finepix S7000. Worth RM2700 back then
- bought macbookpro
- been living without much family support ( as in pocket money, food, and accomodation ) since 2003.
- declared minor color blind
- have a pointer lower than 3 for 3 consecutive years (MRSM until Foundation MMU), and then score above 3 for 3 consecutive years during degree
- slammed a keyboard as a result of overstressed. I mention it many times. lucky the keyboard survived. But my roomate Syawal traumatized. No I’m not hitting him.
- accidentally scarred my foot with glass window. But walked to football field, kick a ball, full with blood, and then realize I’m bleeding
- caught on baby-net-hook a-la fish at the hook at my mouth. if you see carefully at my lips, a bit senget
- when I was 7, I travel with my uncle on a bus to kedah.
- 3 month as a fiancee to someone with name Hazwani Aris.
No I’m not kidding
Originally I planned to reveal this news at least two month before my wedding. But receiving 200+ comments in both Facebook and Twitter did make me extremely happy. Those 200 comments are not random strangers. And it is still counting. There’s 10 comments/tweets related hoping and praying that I’ll getting married. Not to forget, today I was teaching at Teras One Solution, an Adobe Authorised training center here in Malaysia and they surprise me with birthday cake. I thought I did something wrong at first LOL!
Indeed I’m so happy and I’ve decided to tell about it. After all, I afraid my wedding will clash with few friends.[ Terus terang, aku sudah bertunang #pantun.] InsyaAllah/God-willing, I’m getting married in 6 months time.
Pray for us friends. Again, thank you so much for being part of my life
P/S: by the way, 12 hour before the timestamp of this post, 25 years ago, 1030am, I was born to the world, but forgot to say Hello World.
P P/S: Now I need to do my own Weddingkami LOL!!!
P P P/S: Geek and nerd goes to Video Games Live. Perfect combo!
P P P P/S: picture by Wan Azim, of which actually seated near with me. He didn’t realize I was there. Until I decide to help him took his picture with Video Games Live backdrop. That’s how secretive I am :p
Sepatutnya post ini ditulis pada 14 haribulan. Tapi ada lambat sikit. Apepun sebab nak mengingati 14 hb, aku ubah timestamp post ni kepada 14 haribulan. Kenapa 14 haribulan? Biarlah rahsia. Kenapa rahsia? oke aku bitau.. aku suka no 4. 1 = One = Wan = satu komponen nama aku. So saja suka suka 14 hb hahah.
Ape kena mengena ngan tajuk blogpost ni ‘PemberianKu’?
Sebab untuk personal goal, bulan may je mesti aku release/announce/berikan something. Tahun lepas aku berikan Officekami. 3 tahun lepas aku berikan Al-Quran PSP. Dan kalau korang ikut janjang arithmetik, tahun ni by right aku tak berikan apa apa. Tunggu tahun depan la aku berikan something.
So lagi dua tahun, tahun 2012, by right korang akan baca balik post Pemberianku, tapi takda apa apa yang diberi :p
Mungkin tiba masanya untuk aku memberikan hati ini?
P/S: aku adalah seorang penderma organ dan bukanlah aku kejap lagi ada pembedahan ke apa. tapi korang dah mendaftar sebagai penderma organ? Sapa yang dapat mata aku mesti cool gila. Jauh dah nampak tapi keburukannya buta warna bwahahaha
P P/S: Ikhwan Nazri dalam bahasa arab bermaksud Saudara Penglihatanku. Aku tolong orang tengok ape ahhhh ?? Aku tau. Tengok jalan yang lurus. Peh ni namanya sound diri sendiri ni.
Last 2 weeks during barcamp, there’s intense discussion about education system. Dr Bernard Leong, one of first TEDxKL speakers last year and also a lecturer at Nanyang Polytechnic said something which really embeds in my mind
‘ Our culture in Asia make it hard for us to switch careers.’
He then goes further in explaining that if you stay in europe or US, you can simply ditch your course or job and then going to university again and again to learn. But that’s not the same in Asian country. You’re your job for your life. There’s many factors indeed behind this.
Maybe it’s hard for Asians to switching careers because of commitment? Salary what not? Or maybe it was passed down generations to generations, third world dilemma, that we’re just be content for what we have.
No don’t get me wrong. Content for what we have from religious side is okay, but it’s the hunger for success and achievements. Maybe we took things for granted.
I don’t know. I get puzzled myself thinking of this.
And to break the puzzle, here’s just another 7 things about me, tagged by Syia.
- Current weight is 75
- By that, I’m fat
- Current height 164
- By that I’m a short and fat
- My waist is 36
- By that my ass is big, i’m short, and i’m fat
- And i know Syia will go ‘pffft’ at this tagged. BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Actually, I’m on hiatus, boo, again